Our client manages a 10-year, $1 billion+ contract for the U.S. Department of Energy/ Office of Environmental Management. They are dedicated to making a lasting impact on environmental management, and we are looking for exceptional individuals to join them and help grow their career.
They are looking for a Safety Specialist who will report to Environment, Safety, Health, and Quality (ESHQ) management and perform work as assigned. This individual will ensure all activities and operations are performed safely and align with procedural and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a SME for multiple safety programs and ensure sound and effective program implementation.
- Conduct investigations of the site to determine the extent of contamination and define alternatives that can be employed.
- Ensure that the work will be in accordance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and within the company’s Industrial Hygiene & Safety policies.
- Develop processes necessary for ensuring compliance with technical and regulatory requirements to assist in the development of waste isolation and/or removal strategies
- Monitor and review the Industrial Hygiene & Safety performance of subcontractors across work planning execution, installation, inspections, & material control to confirm that they are performing in accordance with provisions
- Perform inspections and Job-Hazard Analysis
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of department of energy (DOE) and regulatory requirements related to industrial safety.
- Experience implementing industrial hygiene/safety-related risk assessments and corrective actions.
- Techniques/instrumentation, sample analysis, and selection/implementation of controls.
- Experience in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions to industrial safety related problems.
- Expert knowledge and application of integrated safety management, integrated work management, and other industrial hygiene and safety procedures.
- Ability to evaluate hazard controls and exposure data in order to make recommendations and improvements.
- Ability to develop, review, and evaluate site-specific safety/health programs and requirements.
- Experience and skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions and recommending solutions to problems affecting industrial hygiene and safety.
Education and Experience required:
- a bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and professional-level experience.
- MS degree | certified industrial hygienist (CIH) (preferred) the American Board of Industrial Hygiene | Certified Safety Professional (CSP) (preferred).
Share the Career