Our client manages a 10-year, $1billion Contract for the U.S. Department of Energy/ Office of Environmental Management. They are dedicated to making a lasting impact on environmental management, and we are looking for exceptional individuals to join them and help grow their career.
They are looking for several industrial hygienists to ensure all activities and operations are performed safely and with proper procedural & regulatory compliance. They will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Relocation assistance available.
- Provide Industrial Hygiene & Safety technical guidance
- Investigate sites to determine contamination, defining the alternatives that can be and ensuring that the work complies with federal and state regulatory requirements
- Overseeing and developing IH processes to ensure compliance with technical and regulatory requirements to assist in developing waste isolation and/or removal strategies
- Appling the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or mitigate hazards while ensuring mission success.
- Monitoring and reviewing the Industrial Hygiene & Safety performance of
- Knowledge of DOE and regulatory requirements
- Experience implementing industrial hygiene/safety-related risk assessments and corrective actions.
- Experience with industrial hygiene exposure assessment (qualitative and quantitative), to include sampling and sampling plan development and implementation.
- Use of techniques/instrumentation, sample analysis, and selection/implementation of controls.
- Ability to apply the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or mitigate hazards while ensuring success.
- Experience in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions to industrial hygiene and safety related problems.
- Experience with integrated safety management, integrated work management, and other industrial hygiene and safety procedures.
- Ability to evaluate hazard controls and exposure data to make recommendations and improvements.
- Develop, review, and evaluate site-specific safety/health programs and requirements.
- Conduct research, investigating alternative solutions and recommending solutions to problems affecting industrial hygiene and safety.
- Ability to represent the organization and laboratory on various internal or external boards and committees.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience OR equivalent combination of relevant education and professional-level experience.
- MS degree and certified industrial hygienist (CIH) the American Board of Industrial Hygiene and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
Share the Career