Director of Operations
Our client is a highly automated building manufacturing company that is forecasted to grow from $150mm annually to $400mm+ in the next 5-10 years. They are a leading-edge manufacturer of wooden trusses and building materials looking for a Plant Leader / Director of Operations. This individual will help the company expand into new production lines and own the P&L for one of their flagship facilities.
- Ensure effective manufacturing operations of programs in following areas: engineering, automation, quality control, waste control, safety, production incentives, inventory control, logistics, and employee staffing.
- Develop and recommend manufacturing operational policies and procedures.
- Develop specific short-term and long-range plans and programs with supporting budget requests and production objectives.
- Direct the operation of manufacturing at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications as to quality and quantity.
- Manage inventory to ensure materials and supplies are available to facilitate delivery of products to customers.
- As an Executive Leadership member, develop plans for improvement and/or expansion of production facilities and equipment and recommend to the President & Executive Team.
- Manage Customer Contact group for exceptional customer outcomes.
- Expert knowledge of building material & facility management.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to high production levels
- Process driven management and best practices in manufacturing
- Sound understanding of financial matters such as budgeting, costing, forecasting, etc.
- A people leader that has followership (you are known for your quality leadership skills)
- Being fair, humble & honest to the people you work with.
- A college degree or related field or an equivalent of 10 years’ experience in Production Management, preferably in Truss and Building Component Manufacturing.
- A college degree with a major in Engineering, Finance and or minor in Business Administration is preferred.
Share the Career