Director of Operations
Our client is a highly automated building manufacturing company that is forecasted to grow from $140mm annually to $400mm+ in the next 5-10 years. This Operations Leader will be responsible for operations, day to day functions, and achieving high levels of profitability in building materials and sales.. They will manage all manufacturing facilities, inventories, budgets, employees, and safety programs while meeting company objectives and customer commitments. This position is expected to accept greater responsibility and ultimately P&L responsibility for operations for a single plant.
This position is located in the Tallahassee, FL area.
- Develop and recommend manufacturing operational policies and procedures.
- Develop specific short-term and long-range plans and programs with supporting budget requests and production objectives.
- Provide for preparation of cost control reports, production employee’s and facility requirement production/inventory control reports.
- Ensure prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies to facilitate delivery of products to customers.
- Maintain adequate inventory controls and levels to conform to budgets and forecasts to ensure satisfactory customer service and delivery at acceptable costs.
- Ensure effective manufacturing operations of programs in following areas: quality control, waste control, safety, production incentives, inventory control, housekeeping and employee staffing.
- Develop plans for improvement and/or expansion of production facilities and equipment and recommend to the President.
- Communicate policies and objectives to supervisors and provides general direction in organization, controls, and procedures to administer policies and achieve objectives.
- Expert working knowledge of building material facility management.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to high production levels while maintaining Company Values.
- Sound understanding of financial matters such as budgeting, costing, forecasting, etc.
- A college degree or related field or an equivalent of 10 years’ experience in Production Management, preferably in Truss and Building Component Manufacturing.
- A college degree with a major in Engineering and minor in Business Administration is preferred.
Share the Career