Consultant and Specialist Management Lead
Our client manages a 10-year, $1 billion+ Cleanup Contract for the U.S. Department of Energy/ Office of Environmental Management. They are dedicated to making a lasting impact on environmental management, and we are looking for exceptional individuals to join them and help grow their career.
They are seeking Consultant and Specialist Management leaders to provide senior level support by verifying work performance complies with nuclear facility and waste management discipline operations and requirements. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to assist operations through formal readiness required to release new activities in a hazard category 2 nuclear facility. This position is eligible for remote work.
- Provides experienced, objective oversight of higher risk evolutions and complex activity operations
- Authority to direct an apparently unsafe evolution be stopped and facility/work area conditions be placed in a safe, stable condition pending further clarification.
- Lead institutional initiatives, assessments, investigations, corrective action, and overall performance improvement initiatives
- Document observations; potential issues, opportunities-for-improvement, & best practices
- Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS)
- Conduct of Operations
- Maintenance/Work Planning & Control
- Lockout / Tag out (LOTO)
- Environment Safety, Health & Quality (ESH&Q)
- Staff Augmentation SOW
- Nuclear and Criticality Safety
- Radiological Control
- Documented SSW reports
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of nuclear facility requirements including conduct of operations, engineering, and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge and experience in nuclear facility operations including safety and quality management, radiological controls, performance assurance processes, corrective action development, management and management improvement.
- Expert Knowledge and experience in conducting and preparing for various assessments, including management self-assessments, contractor operational readiness reviews (CORRs), independent assessments, event investigations and effectiveness assessments.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
Share the Career